Bat Reviews
 CF8 vs CF7 -8
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ross

60 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2015 :  09:58:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone know of the difference between these two bats? Is it worth the extra $$$ for the CF8?

tunini2

9 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2015 :  10:51:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ross

Anyone know of the difference between these two bats? Is it worth the extra $$$ for the CF8?

The only main difference is the DFusion handle. CF8 has a newer version of the handle which has a little more vibration for feedback.
Go to Top of Page

Zigzag3141

24 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2016 :  12:44:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We just finished the Spring season so it's time to check bats. My boys played the Demarini CF7 and Louisville 916 this year. Comparable bats and both hit lasers but the CF7 has a more balanced weight and makes it easier to swing. Bat speed is higher with the CF7. We took at the CF8 since they are clearing them out now online and didn't like it. The 2 3/4" section of the barrel has been extended on the CF8 but they keep the same weight as the CF7. Nice idea in principal and gives confidence to the hitter but we just got back from Grand Slam World Series and heard horror stories with CF8's cracking etc. Best advice was to get the 2 5/8" barrel CF8 if you want to go that route but we still like the bigger barrel so cleaned out EBay on any 29/19 CF7 2 3/4". My 9yr olds can get them over 200 ft fences with this bat and just can't with any other bat they've swung so we will stay with the CF7.

I'm very interested to see what Demarini does with the 2017 CF Zen and feedback from the forum.
Go to Top of Page

turntwo

955 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2016 :  14:29:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
CF8 was SUPER hot, but with that pop comes thinner walls... With thinner walls comes cracking busting easier. The CF ZEN is just as HOT. Right out of the wrapper. Ball jumps off the bat. The barrel is comprised on a new composite (PARA-DOX?), that is suppose to offer more durability than that of the CF8. One would question, with increased durability, do you sacrifice pop? NOPE. We haven't seen that YET. Now, I can't attest to full durability since we've only had the Zen a few weeks, but so far, so good. Nice balanced feel, ZERO vibration, and missiles when they leave the bat!
Go to Top of Page

Zigzag3141

24 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2017 :  14:29:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My boys just blew up their new Zen after a half dozen indoor BP sessions. Credit to Demarini for handling the warranty claim but not thrilled with the durability. We used a CF7 for 2 years without issue. Although swing and pitch speeds are higher now, a $350 bat should be able to handle anything a 10u player can dish out IMHO.

Demarini suggested stepping down to a smaller barrel diameter for improved durability. Maybe that's the trick for these high end composite bats, but I don't hear anyone using the Makos or 916s complain about durability.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000