Bat Reviews
 DeMarini or Rawlings?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

baseballdadsforfun

1 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2016 :  13:25:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I recently bought a bat for my son (16 years) and I know that there are a lot of choices out there for BBCOR. I went with the Demarini. http://www.baseballbargains.com/shop/demarini-cf-zen-big-barrel-baseball-bat-5/ but I really liked the look for the Rawlings Prime: http://www.baseballbargains.com/shop/rawlings-velo-bb7v-bbcor-baseball-bat-3/. Any thoughts?

CaCO3Girl

1989 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2016 :  07:58:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The velo has been a very popular bat....it does make the most awful HORRIBLE PIIIIIIIIIIING!!!! noise when you hit with it though....I would not recommend it for indoor use. Last year my son had a 5150, same ping sound, his coach banned it from use indoors, it gave EVERYONE a headache.
Go to Top of Page

chollyred

29 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2017 :  12:56:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My boy LOVES his Rawlings bats. He grew out of his 5150 and bought a cheap Plasma (his selection) and smashes the ball with it. It is loud when good contact is made. A little off, and it's not that bad. Really good feedback for him.

He has yet to find a Demarini that he likes.
Go to Top of Page

montyjackson

1 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2017 :  15:21:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I bought DeMarini 2016 CF8 BBCOR Baseball Bat for my son . DeMarini has been a top name in baseball and softball bat-manufacturing for many years now. They have a reputation for manufacturing their bats to the strictest of standards so it gives those that use them a definitive competitive edge. It is no different with this excellent BBCOR approved model.#305; got great reviews about it before purchased from http://www.baseballrace.com/
Go to Top of Page

bfriendly

376 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2017 :  08:33:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It will be hard to get away from an Easton XL1 type bat for us, and we've tried a bunch..........My kid is kind of BIG and strong and he likes a little end load, but we will do the hittrax thing for his BBCOR later this spring. He is using a "Labelled -5"(actual-4) right now..........gonna be tough to leave Easton
Go to Top of Page

CaCO3Girl

1989 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2017 :  10:29:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bfriendly

It will be hard to get away from an Easton XL1 type bat for us, and we've tried a bunch..........My kid is kind of BIG and strong and he likes a little end load, but we will do the hittrax thing for his BBCOR later this spring. He is using a "Labelled -5"(actual-4) right now..........gonna be tough to leave Easton

You don't have to leave Easton. 2017 Easton Mako Beast is a wonderful end loaded 2 piece bat.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000