Bat Reviews
 3DOTZ Bats in Cumming
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Travel Ball Coach

56 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2017 :  14:32:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have enjoyed using the 3DOTZ bats for my teams over the last two years. Local vendor!!
Customized Sugar Maple C243, C271 models that have great pop.
The price is right for these customized bats. My high school age son and many of his high school teammates have been using them in the off season to get ready for the spring.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/3DotsBats

Hope that helps!

Edited by - Travel Ball Coach on 01/06/2017 16:24:50

CaCO3Girl

1989 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2017 :  13:11:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Travel Ball Coach

I have enjoyed using the 3DOTZ bats for my teams over the last two years. Local vendor!!
Customized Sugar Maple C243, C271 models that have great pop.
The price is right for these customized bats. My high school age son and many of his high school teammates have been using them in the off season to get ready for the spring.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/3DotsBats

Hope that helps!

I saw one kid break three wooden bats (not from this seller) in one game...granted there was for sure operator error going on but still...why pay to customize wooden bats?
Go to Top of Page

Travel Ball Coach

56 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2017 :  15:03:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I found this to be a funny reply and had to comment.
Wooden bats are customized. In order to purchase the correct bat many things have to be considered. Length, weight, wood type, model type, color. An example is the bat I used a LS H176 34 inch 31 ounce knobbed handled Northern Ash Natural or Black bat. Today's bats are customized in model numbers with the most common being the C271, C243,110.l and so on. Each bat is turned to specific characteristics that make up it's customization
To further explain the customization, wood type and model are specific to the batters preferences.
You mentioned broken bats, yes they are a part of using wooden bats.
To break it down further a Maple bat is a dense hard bat with little flexibility in the wood thus not breaking as often but very solid "pop", high velocity pitch and high bat speed will break these bats and they typically break in pieces.
A Birch bat will also break but it is a little less dense then maple and has a little flexibility to allow for a trampoline effect on th ball with more carry then maple. Will break more often then Maple but a good bat with great "pop"
A Northen Ash bat is a lighter, less dense bat that breaks more often then the two wood bats mentioned above but has a great amount of flexibility. High velocity and high bat speed will shatter these bats as aposed to fracturing like the maple wood.
Go to Top of Page

Travel Ball Coach

56 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2017 :  15:16:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess it sent with me not finished. Things to do to help not break your wooden bat. Avoid storing your bats in super dry areas or cold areas it will dry the wood prematurely and make the wood more brittle after awhile.
I still believe you should have contact on the edge of the grain not on he grain.
Check your bats label and keep it up or down at impact to help with this.
If you hit a lot in the cage or practice use an identical bat with athletic tape covering the barrel to avoid splittering and potential fractures that will break your bat after repeated use.
Also something to consider for longevity of your wooden bat when you hit it a ton just get another bat or a hard piece of wood and run over the dents to smooth it out. More of a cosmetic thing:)
Have fun.
Travel Ball Coach
Go to Top of Page

10upops

37 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2017 :  11:04:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Boys playing middle school ball this year. What are the hottest drop-3 bats for 2017??
Go to Top of Page

CaCO3Girl

1989 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2017 :  13:45:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 10upops

Boys playing middle school ball this year. What are the hottest drop-3 bats for 2017??

LS 917 is getting a lot of chatter. If you want to purchase the best bat for your son though you should take him to better baseball and let him tryout the hittrax machine. You can swing any bat in the store and it will tell you which one he swings the best with.
Go to Top of Page

Travel Ball Coach

56 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2017 :  20:58:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes the LS 917 is a nice bad - good weight handle to barrel
A very sound bat is the Velo BBCOR - 3 is a great value. I like the sweet spot and one piece "pop"
Go to Top of Page

10upops

37 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2017 :  13:57:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
$400 I'm sure it hits the balls in the trees every time right. We are going to better baseball this weekend and check it out. I have heard that's the best place to go. Thanks
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000