KeithB

282 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2016 :  18:10:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go to justbatreviews.com
Go to Top of Page

Punishers

688 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2016 :  09:02:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The 2015 Demarini CF8-Green is king of the hill. The new CF-Zen is about the same as the Combat Maxum. I have a Black Bat prototype that is just insane. They expect to be on the market next year and have a lifetime warranty for the original owner. With that type of warranty and tested performance numbers proven, it will not be cheap in price by no means.
Go to Top of Page

CaCO3Girl

1989 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2016 :  09:40:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Punishers

The 2015 Demarini CF8-Green is king of the hill. The new CF-Zen is about the same as the Combat Maxum. I have a Black Bat prototype that is just insane. They expect to be on the market next year and have a lifetime warranty for the original owner. With that type of warranty and tested performance numbers proven, it will not be cheap in price by no means.

So, how long does a "lifetime" warranty get you with a drop 10?
Go to Top of Page

turntwo

955 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2016 :  10:09:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd caution dropping too much $$$ into anything other than BBCOR this coming year. With USA Baseball changing their bat requirements (re: doing away with 1.15 BPF), and making the 'spring effect' more in-line with BBCOR, the youth 'big barrel' "trampoline" bats will be a thing of the past, sooner rather than later.

"Similar to the NCAA and NFHS BBCOR standard that was implemented in 2011, the new "USABat Standard" will create wood-like performance in youth baseball bats, or as USA Baseball's Executive Director / CEO Paul Seiler stated, help "take another step forward in making our game more uniform at the youth level and ensuring the long-term integrity of the game". "

Snipit from: http://blog.justbats.com/new-youth-baseball-bat-standard-usabat-effective-jan.-1-2018

Go to Top of Page

Punishers

688 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2016 :  18:44:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From what they said to me, it means the life of the bat for the registered original purchaser.
Go to Top of Page

Punishers

688 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2016 :  18:47:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I say kill all these aluminum and composite bats and go wood only! Cheaper and eliminates the handicap effect (rolling and shaving). Haven't seen a drop 10 in wood yet, but I doubt it would hold up long if one existed.

The problem with the USA bat standard for most travel tournaments is that they only look for the USSSA 1.15BPF stamp, if they look at all.

Edited by - Punishers on 10/06/2016 20:24:59
Go to Top of Page

Punishers

688 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2016 :  20:39:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CaCO3Girl

quote:

So, how long does a "lifetime" warranty get you with a drop 10?

2 - 4 years. Unless you want a 13yr old swinging a drop 10. Lol.
Go to Top of Page

Batman53

1 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2016 :  20:45:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Addison Ave

Anything great for 2016?

Since you ask, If you'd like to swing real wood with 5 month breakage warranty and #1 performance, then MacDougall Powerwood bats. Legal for PG too. MacDougall bats.com
Go to Top of Page

turntwo

955 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2016 :  11:31:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

The problem with the USA bat standard for most travel tournaments is that they only look for the USSSA 1.15BPF stamp, if they look at all.

Who do you think led the push in 2012 (implementation 2014) for the 1.15 BPF? USA Baseball.

Had nothing to do with U-Trip, and besides, USSSA is becoming more and more a thing of the past (in GA) with Triple Crown and Perfect Game growing as much as they are.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000