General Discussion
 From 12U LLWS and NYBC where the East Cobb teams
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

proball

36 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2009 :  14:10:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With all the great teams that represents East Cobb and north Georgia baseball where are they at in these events? East Cobb, north Ga or teams close to the area might want to change the way we view our schedule in order to be in one these events. The great season the south Ga team had in LLWS and one team in NYBC (under USSSA Ga Force but won Dixie league). Our programs have too many talented players and teams not to be represented. Some of these teams lost to our teams in the season. What do you think?

Edited by - proball on 08/28/2009 14:11:43

bball2008

100 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2009 :  15:34:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The big problem is that school starts early in August in cobb and surrounding counties. It's tough to pull your kids out of school for that many days so early in the school year.
Go to Top of Page

ECB_Insider

54 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2009 :  16:40:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As we have discussed in the past, the problem at 12U is that everyone goes to Cooperstown. The NYBC only has 10U and 12U. If they had 13U or 14U, both Astros teams would have been in it as the USSSA representative. Really the only options are USSSA, Super Seven, AAU (The EC Shamrocks went to this tournament which was in PR), and NABF (which you have to fanagle around like Stern did last year). The others are leagues that East Cobb and most of the N GA teams can't get into. Kind of like LL.

LL has had a GA team in it most years lately. NYBC is in it's 2nd year and had GA teams in it both years.
Go to Top of Page

12uCoach

357 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2009 :  20:05:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry Insider, I must disagree.
NABF is now an open and held in Memphis.
AAU is easy to get into and held in the same place as USSSA (Disney).
PONY changed their rules and is easy to get in.
SuperSeries moved to Dallas for their Open championship
AABC is not that difficult to navigate, winning is.

bball2008, stop blaming football and school, 12U Kids miss 2 days of school in August, 10's miss 3, and LLWS kids miss 5+ and for what they are doing not a single coach or administrator caused a problem.

Yes we did it, but we also spent a week barnstorming on the way up to Coopserstown, lots of money, but as a team we spent 49 weeks together. Too many teams want their season to be over July 4th, vacation for a month and then look forward to the next year.

Joe and I believe in giving everyone of our players a chance to win a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP. Many coaches don't even have that as a goal....

Oh, and Joe and I did NABF 3 times (2001, 2007, 2008), no fanagle about it, we went by their rules....
Go to Top of Page

rjrousseau1

81 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2009 :  10:10:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is this an opportunity for travel team leagues like NWBA which in some age groups struggle to attract the stronger teams in the area? Could the NWBA (or any other type league) be sanctioned as a Babe Ruth, Dixie or PONY league (or any others that play out a district/state/regionbal/national championship)and then be a qualifying organization for the NYBC? Or do most of those organizations have strict guidelines that prohibit a team being created the way most travel teanms are, ie, must be within the same school district or some other small boundary?
Go to Top of Page

LeftyBat

160 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2009 :  11:18:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes I agree as a parent I would like for my son to compete in some of these events. But my son also does play travel football, he likes it, its important to him and he gets a big role. His team starts football practice the third week in July. Most kids who play football, even if it is not travel football, start practice in the first week of August. Yes, the coaches understand and will let them miss some practices or games, but unless these teams that are playing in these late summer tournaments are just showing up and playing, (not practicing the 2-3 weeks before they attend the event...) its not an option. His football coach will understand he's not going to be here this weekend because he's playing for a national championship. He won't understand he's going to miss the first 2-4 weeks of practice...

Go to Top of Page

stanlewis

545 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2009 :  19:12:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
NWBA met with representatives of a couple of the organizations 2 years ago and they did not want to open up to pure travel teams. We are going to check again on their requirements because the MLB tournament is attracting a lot more attention and they may want to expand.
Go to Top of Page

ECB_Insider

54 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2009 :  19:18:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
12U coach,
I am glad to hear NABF is open now. When I said Fanagling around, I did not mean to imply you were not working within the rules, but to say that there was a East Cobb league and playing each team from the age group once, while none of the other teams ever played each other, to me, is fanagling. Now, you worked within the rules they provided, which is fine, but I am glad they have opened it up and makes entering it more legitimate.
Go to Top of Page

12uCoach

357 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2009 :  13:56:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Insider, I could go for pages on what's worng with East Cobb and it starts with the teams not playing each other during the week...

Stan, last summer they were singing a different tune. Looking to change the rules and make them more open to travel teams. AABC is the first, and PONY claims that it can be done within their rules. Pushing teams to 6 of 8 is not bad odds...
Go to Top of Page

oldmanmj

191 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2009 :  17:25:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shamrocks were 1 win away from being there. AABC, NABF & AAU are great ways to get there, but you usually have to beat a very good team to do it. There are no easy routes. Home Plate lost in the finals at AAU, Shamrocks in finals of AABC. More age groups would be beneficial also. Interesting that Norwalk is out and was 1-2 in the tournament. Looks like it is Babe Ruth vs. Super Series in Championship, FL vs TX. Now who is #1 in the Nation?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000