General Discussion
 Composite Bats
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Myrado3

11 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2010 :  12:00:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am looking at buying my son a new composite bat. Just looking to get some ideas on what is the best one. He is 11 and a power hitter. Thanks for your help.

AA17Dad

211 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2010 :  16:21:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Demarini Vendetta
Go to Top of Page

lottapop

257 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2010 :  17:30:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If playing travel ball go with Demarini voodoo. If rec ball go with the Demarini F3, only found on ebay.
Go to Top of Page

rpisanti

17 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2010 :  19:48:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My Son has been hitting with a Combat B2...He is 12...So far the best bat he has had...Great pop...
Go to Top of Page

Whitlow

211 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2010 :  00:44:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Combats B1 and B2 seem to be the hottest. The Demarini F3 is hot too, but you can only get no lighter than -8 in big barrel. The Demarini F3 is all composite and the Voodoo is half and half (composite handle with aluminum hitting surface. The Demarini's seem more end loaded to me. It really depends on what your son is used to a balanced or end loaded bat, etc. My son started using the Louisville Slugger Catalyst bats which are stiff and very balanced and got hooked. I think you can still get them from hqsports. He has tried the Demarini's and never really liked them. The Easton Synergy Speed bat is nice and swings like the Louisville Slugger bats. I think the Combats swing similar to the Louisville Bats as well. He has an inexpensive Worth bat for now, but last season he wouldn't put down a teammates Combat B2 big barrel. The full composites are hotter but you will most likely get more mileage from a half and half like the Voodoo .
Go to Top of Page

4pcbaseball

94 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2010 :  09:49:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have always been partial to the Easton and Louisville Slugger selection, but my oldest son started using the Combat B1 last year and I was impressed. My younger son got a B2 for Christmas and it has a lot of pop.
Go to Top of Page

3sondad

220 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2010 :  10:26:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
F3 is different from CF3. The F3 is a composite handle and aluminum barrel LL bat. The CF3 is the composite. As with anything, it depends on the player, but I have only seen great results with the (red, white, or black) CF3.
Go to Top of Page

6bomber

68 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2010 :  23:35:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
as 10u a lot of players showed up with new $400 bats. a new kid to the program brought in a B1. from that point on we should be sponsered by COMBAT. whether it a big barrel or small, they
all seem to have pop out of the wrapper.
Go to Top of Page

Whitlow

211 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2010 :  01:09:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 3sondad

F3 is different from CF3. The F3 is a composite handle and aluminum barrel LL bat. The CF3 is the composite. As with anything, it depends on the player, but I have only seen great results with the (red, white, or black) CF3.

Yep I meant CF3, We had a small barrel one at 10U Spring lots of pop and used by many on the team with several HRs and it was cracked by the end of the season. My son didn't like it though. He had a Vexxum once too and didn't like it either. They are head heavy/end loaded and he got used to swinging more balanced bats like some Easton's and Louisville Slugger's. Yep the Combat B1 & B2 look great at -8/-10 my son loved it last season.
Go to Top of Page

HITANDRUN

436 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2010 :  10:16:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did Damarini replace the cracked bat? I sent one back and they said the cracks were superfisal and would not replace. I told them I would stick with Louisville Slugger from now on.
Go to Top of Page

Whitlow

211 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2010 :  19:10:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HITANDRUN

Did Damarini replace the cracked bat? I sent one back and they said the cracks were superfisal and would not replace. I told them I would stick with Louisville Slugger from now on.

Yes it was the coaches son's bat and they sent him a new CF4 I think. It had a lot of pop and a lot of kids used it. I think the hotter bats tend to break quicker. They are the hottest right before they break.
Go to Top of Page

BTO

97 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2010 :  08:08:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know if the Combat B1 is same bat as the B2???? Just A different year(2010) and color? The Exogrid and Catalsyt just change the color every year. Also, any feedback on the ComBat Virus bat?
Go to Top of Page

crackedbats

160 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2010 :  09:38:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
always hated the Combat Virus. my older son had one when he was 12. he called it the combrick. My younger son has a small barrel B2 Dabomb. It def is hot. of course small barrel has something to do with that. Not sure about the big barrel
Go to Top of Page

Whitlow

211 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2010 :  11:13:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yea you don't have to worry about the Combat Virus breaking because it is a like a brick. We borrowed one and tried for a while and it didn't have a lot of pop.

Supposedly the Combat B2 is newer/better than the B1, but I had someone tell me that sells them that if they were buying they would buy the B1 and save the money. My son liked the B2 but has never tried a B1.

The Catalyst isn't made any more except for HQ4Sports.com in yellow. It has been replaced by the Blue Dynasty Composite and they also have the Triton.

Go to Top of Page

Seam Splitter

48 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2010 :  11:42:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm a ComBat dealer and can tell you the Virus is a VERY GOOD bat. The difference is that its a double walled composite bat. Therefore it requires alot of break in time. The difference between it & the B1, B2, & everyone elses bats is that they are hot out of the wrapper because they are single walled & subject to crack at any time. The Virus will keep geting better and better and better w/ every hit & we have VERY few warranty issues. In my opinion a well broken in Virus has teh most pop & is the best bat on the market.

Just my 2 cents worth. PM me for the best pricing on ComBats includingteh new B3 due in any day.
Go to Top of Page

fourseam

162 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2010 :  12:07:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seam Splitter send me your contact info. You can email my link on file under my profile.

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

cburney

25 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2010 :  21:17:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seam Splitter, send me your contact info as well. I'm in the market.
Go to Top of Page

bturner

231 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2010 :  21:54:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My Son just got the Combat B-2 sl 29-19 and my son loves it. de said it Does not have the dead feel of the Catlyst or Triton. I dont know how it felt but the ball jumps off of it. Reminds me of the old red prodigy without the sound.
Go to Top of Page

Sultan

57 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2010 :  09:02:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any insight or thoughts on how the cold weather impacts the composite bats? How cold is too cold to be using them?
Go to Top of Page

stanlewis

545 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2010 :  11:58:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you are interested in Combats - Support the sponsors of this site. I know that Cherokee Batting, Elite Sports and Extra Innings are Combat dealers.
Go to Top of Page

SSBuckeye

575 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2010 :  11:58:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great question. Just bought a B1 for my son and would like to use it this weekend.
Go to Top of Page

mechanicsplus

64 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2010 :  16:46:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Specs on my H.S. son's Easton Composite warns against using below 60 degrees! This time of year he uses Wood in drills, Hybrid in practice and "noridc like" games. The Composite hibernates at home until the temps rise!
Go to Top of Page

BROOKSTEAM

145 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2010 :  19:18:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There really is a big difference in the way these bats are made and hit. The Demarini CF4 is really sweet, as is the Combat that is a little more end weighted. If you are looking for a -10 composite you cannot beat the Easton's but an 11 year old power hitter really needs to be in a -8.

We sell all these bats at Elite Sport East Cobb. We are sponsors of this web site and you can ask around we offer crazy pricing for NWBA members.
Go to Top of Page

mechanicsplus

64 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2010 :  20:49:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"11 year old power hitter." Isn't that an oxymoron?
Go to Top of Page

Whitlow

211 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2010 :  21:59:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mechanicsplus

"11 year old power hitter." Isn't that an oxymoron?

Not really for some
When the kid is a threat to hit it over nearly every time at bat I'd say he is a power hitter and there are a few out there.
Go to Top of Page

Whitlow

211 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2010 :  22:02:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ESEC2100

There really is a big difference in the way these bats are made and hit. The Demarini CF4 is really sweet, as is the Combat that is a little more end weighted. If you are looking for a -10 composite you cannot beat the Easton's but an 11 year old power hitter really needs to be in a -8.

We sell all these bats at Elite Sport East Cobb. We are sponsors of this web site and you can ask around we offer crazy pricing for NWBA members.

I think I'm starting to agree with the -8 for some at 11U...I'm just seeing too many broken -10 bats at 11U...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000