New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Punishers

688 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2017 :  12:33:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wood is an equalizer that's why you don't see many 13u and below major teams play in those tournaments. There is a progression with wood bats as well. This is not limited to composite bats only. Most companies make youth wood bats with different drops for the size of the player. As far as mechanics go, wood would only highlight the bad or good mechanics they already have that is not being seen with a composite bat. Have to look to the future and not just for the now is my mindset.
Go to Top of Page

Hurricane

351 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2018 :  11:04:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I actually liked the wood bats tournaments we played in when my son was 12 and up. We would have about 3 kids every year that would still hit home runs. I think it really focused on making the routine plays on defense and allowed you to play on 200 foot fields at 12. I saw a few 12U kids hits balls 240 max with wood, and with composite some over 300 feet which should not happen. It still amazes me that Cooperstown does not require you to use wood bats.
I know for some that might be the last time they play baseball so sort of torn. On their website they say "experience the purity of baseball as it was meant to be played!" so sort of contradicts the purity some what.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000