15-18 General Discussion
 Alternative Baseball program seeking players
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

AlternativeBaseball

2 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2018 :  21:19:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings! I was sent to this site by a connection on LinkedIn. My name is Taylor Duncan! I am 22 years old from Dallas, Georgia, and I have autism. I am also the commissioner/director of the Alternative Baseball Organization, a 501c3 developmental baseball program for teens and adults with autism and special needs. When I was younger, I had speech issues, sensory issues, anxiety issues, and more that came with having autism… I wasn't able to participate in competitive sports due to the developmental delays. With the help of my mom, teachers, mentors, and coaches who believed in me, I've gotten to where I am today in my life: To live with the goal to inspire, raise awareness, and acceptance for autism and special needs globally through the sport of baseball. I started this organization to give others on the spectrum/special needs the opportunity to be accepted for who they are and to be encouraged to be the best they can be. Year round, we are always taking new players age 15 and over: Regardless of experience or skill level, we do everything we can here to teach the physical and social skills where they can apply both in and outside the sport.

Players participate in fundamental-teaching practices with drills covering all baseball skills, 9-inning exhibition games with Major League rules (Wood bats & experienced umpires), and other community events. Those who attend at least 70% of practices and games throughout the Spring and Fall seasons will be eligible to play in the All-Star Game in November, where they will have the chance to put their skills to the test against past/current Major League & Minor League Baseball players.

Alternative Baseball currently has two clubs at two locations, and is seeking to start new clubs in other communities:
1. West Cobb Trail Blazers
McEachern Memorial United Methodist Church
4075 Macland Road
Powder Springs, GA 30127

2. West Georgia Dynamos
New Georgia Ballfield
5885 Villa Rica Highway
Dallas, GA 30157

Those who are interested can fill out an application here:
www.alternativebaseball.org/join

If there are any questions, please contact alternativebaseball@gmail.com or call +1 (770)313-1762!

Thank you very much!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000