Sponsorship
Opportunities

Sponsored Links
Georgia Travel League
Georgia Octane
Sandlot Baseball
Double Plays
Ninth Inning Baseball
Service Baseball
The Sandlots
SmarTense Training
The Club
Cherokee Batting Range
NEXTLVL SPORTS INSTITUTE
East Cobb Twins
RBI Tournaments
Titans Sports Academy
Gwinnett County Baseball
West Forsyth
West Forsyth 11U
Dingers Athletics
Perfect Game
Georgia Stars
Barrett Baseball
Hopewell Baseball
Quick Links
Cooperstown
Tournaments
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA Links
To Indexes

Cooperstown
Tournaments
Join NWBA Team Insurance
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 NWBA Forums
 General Discussion
 High School Playoffs
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

baseballready

185 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2018 :  13:54:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not sure how anyone thought this is a "Cobb thing." Only Cobb County teams mentioned prior were Allatoona and Lassiter. Others from Cherokee, Fulton, etc.

Regarding Gwinnett not getting recognition, must have meant on this board.

Perfect Game has 2 Gwinnett teams in most recent Top 50:
https://www.perfectgame.org/Articles/View.aspx?article=15166

MaxPreps has 2 Gwinnett teams in most recent Xcellent 25.
http://www.maxpreps.com/polls/baseball/xcellent25.htm

quote:
Originally posted by brball

quote:
Originally posted by Punishers

quote:
Originally posted by CaCO3Girl

quote:
Originally posted by takeit4aride

Can Gwinnett County baseball receive some recognition? 3 out of the 4 remaining teams in AAAAAAA are Gwinnett County teams. Parkview is going to take the crown in 7A and Buford or Loganville will take 5A.



No, thanks for asking.



Didn't know GA HS Baseball was a Cobb thing. Cobb just monetized and profit from baseball. More draft picks and D1 commits out of Gwinnett than any other county. I'm still sticking with Brookwood and Loganville.



Why do you say ďa Cobb thing ď?

Go to Top of Page

jakesdad

114 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2018 :  18:30:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Punishers

quote:
Originally posted by brball

quote:
Originally posted by Punishers

quote:
Originally posted by CaCO3Girl

quote:
Originally posted by takeit4aride

Can Gwinnett County baseball receive some recognition? 3 out of the 4 remaining teams in AAAAAAA are Gwinnett County teams. Parkview is going to take the crown in 7A and Buford or Loganville will take 5A.





No, thanks for asking.



Didn't know GA HS Baseball was a Cobb thing. Cobb just monetized and profit from baseball. More draft picks and D1 commits out of Gwinnett than any other county. I'm still sticking with Brookwood and Loganville.



Why do you say ďa Cobb thing ď?



Guess it's not a Cobb thing. Shhh, dont tell anyone that a 10th grader almost shut out Woodstock in the final game.



A sophomore who throws 87 and committed to Vandy and is nearly 17.
Go to Top of Page

Punishers

600 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2018 :  21:41:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jakesdad

quote:
Originally posted by Punishers

quote:
Originally posted by brball

quote:
Originally posted by Punishers

quote:
Originally posted by CaCO3Girl

quote:
Originally posted by takeit4aride

Can Gwinnett County baseball receive some recognition? 3 out of the 4 remaining teams in AAAAAAA are Gwinnett County teams. Parkview is going to take the crown in 7A and Buford or Loganville will take 5A.





No, thanks for asking.



Didn't know GA HS Baseball was a Cobb thing. Cobb just monetized and profit from baseball. More draft picks and D1 commits out of Gwinnett than any other county. I'm still sticking with Brookwood and Loganville.



Why do you say ďa Cobb thing ď?



Guess it's not a Cobb thing. Shhh, dont tell anyone that a 10th grader almost shut out Woodstock in the final game.



A sophomore who throws 87 and committed to Vandy and is nearly 17.



He still graduates before turning 18. I dont't see your point. He's still allowed to play under ghsa as long as he is not over 18.

10th grade - age 16
11th grade - age 17
12th grade - age 18
Go to Top of Page

bama21

208 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2018 :  07:05:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I doubt throwing 87mph shut anybody down, especially Woodstock. He had 3 K's in 6 innings of work, so they obviously played "D" behind him.
Go to Top of Page

CaCO3Girl

1904 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2018 :  07:16:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Punishers

quote:
Originally posted by jakesdad

quote:
Originally posted by Punishers

quote:
Originally posted by brball

quote:
Originally posted by Punishers

quote:
Originally posted by CaCO3Girl

quote:
Originally posted by takeit4aride

Can Gwinnett County baseball receive some recognition? 3 out of the 4 remaining teams in AAAAAAA are Gwinnett County teams. Parkview is going to take the crown in 7A and Buford or Loganville will take 5A.





No, thanks for asking.



Didn't know GA HS Baseball was a Cobb thing. Cobb just monetized and profit from baseball. More draft picks and D1 commits out of Gwinnett than any other county. I'm still sticking with Brookwood and Loganville.



Why do you say ďa Cobb thing ď?



Guess it's not a Cobb thing. Shhh, dont tell anyone that a 10th grader almost shut out Woodstock in the final game.



A sophomore who throws 87 and committed to Vandy and is nearly 17.



He still graduates before turning 18. I dont't see your point. He's still allowed to play under ghsa as long as he is not over 18.

10th grade - age 16
11th grade - age 17
12th grade - age 18



I think the point was that there are a wide range in 10th graders ages. My son is finishing up 10th grade right now, he's STILL 15. He has a bad birthday, this kid has a good birthday. No shame in that. Even if the kid was in 11th grade the stats would still be good.
Go to Top of Page

Punishers

600 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2018 :  12:38:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bama21

I doubt throwing 87mph shut anybody down, especially Woodstock. He had 3 K's in 6 innings of work, so they obviously played "D" behind him.



Good pitching makes the "D" looks good. Pitchers are suppose to induce weak grounders and pop ups, but K's come first.
Go to Top of Page

bama21

208 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2018 :  13:47:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would argue that works both ways. Good "D" makes pitchers look good as well. I've seen too many pitchers lose focus after their "D" starts booting the ball around.

What I'm saying is not a knock on the kid at all; obviously, he pitched well. What I am saying is that velocity by itself is not usually enough. For example, the hardest thrower that was left in the HS playoffs lost. He is ranked in the top 20 by PG and has been up to 97mph. Also, it wouldn't be surprising if he was a 1st to early 2nd round pick next month.
Go to Top of Page

SuperStar

234 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2018 :  14:06:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The point was the kid was being made out to sound like a little "pip-squeak" sophomore. But that wasn't the case at all. Regardless what grade the kid is in, he's a solid pitcher that's committed.

On another note, these games are decided by little momentum swings that dictate the outcome. So even though one team wins and the other loses, the series was real tight.

For those that followed the series between Woodstock and Parkview, you know that Woodstock won the first game, and it was tied 1-1 in the top of the 8th of the second game before Woodstock ran out of pitching and the wheels came off. Either way, it was a very competitive series between the two. Enough said...,
Go to Top of Page

bama21

208 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2018 :  14:29:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I didn't see anything that was said that would give that impression, unless being called a sophomore is an insult. I think the original response was meant to be more towards Woodstock because they lost to a sophomore. But hey, nowadays who knows, maybe that is an insult. We are in an age of great sensitivity.

I'm just glad mine is a junior, so I don't have to worry about that.

Edited by - bama21 on 05/17/2018 14:51:34
Go to Top of Page

SuperStar

234 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2018 :  15:28:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bama21

I didn't see anything that was said that would give that impression, unless being called a sophomore is an insult. I think the original response was meant to be more towards Woodstock because they lost to a sophomore. But hey, nowadays who knows, maybe that is an insult. We are in an age of great sensitivity.

I'm just glad mine is a junior, so I don't have to worry about that.



Exactly, Woodstock lost to a sophomore pitcher which imply's how could you Woodstock, as good as you are lose to a sophomore. It's not an insult to be called a sophomore, but if a sophomore beats a lot of juniors and seniors, it supposed to be shame on you for some reason. My thoughts are if you are good, then what difference does it make what grade you are in.
Go to Top of Page

Punishers

600 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2018 :  16:01:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bama21

I didn't see anything that was said that would give that impression, unless being called a sophomore is an insult. I think the original response was meant to be more towards Woodstock because they lost to a sophomore. But hey, nowadays who knows, maybe that is an insult. We are in an age of great sensitivity.

I'm just glad mine is a junior, so I don't have to worry about that.



It just amazes me how some peoples minds think. All I said was he was a sophomore. 87 or not, he must have really good movement on the ball. I see people are still stuck on stupid for a gas thrower with straight line stuff that can be caught up to without realizing a 73 breaking ball has made many big hitters look like rec ball players. Regardless he has 2 years to get his velo up. I'm sure he'll hit mid 90's by then.

What's curious is how PV always end up with these type of players since you don't have to live in your HS cluster in Gwinnett to attend any HS in the county you want.
Go to Top of Page

bama21

208 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2018 :  19:24:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I donít get caught up in the, hes in a certain grade non-sense. If you can play, then you can play and thatís all that should matter.

If you look at the pitchers that had the most success in most of the playoff games, it looks like a lot of them barely touch the mid eighties. That goes back to a previous discussion, where I said my sonís team would rather face the kid throwing 90 than face the kid throwing in the 70ís.
Go to Top of Page

prestont

196 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2018 :  06:54:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All - my sons team lost last night, and finished 3rd - but what a great run for the kids going the deepest into the playoffs for any Alpharetta team. GREAT way for the kids to go out as Seniors, and they will have fantastic memories of their HS Senior season.

Good luck to all the remaining teams in the playoffs!

& Best wishes to Seniors across ALL the teams as they start their next journeys and opportunities! They have so much to look forward to!
Go to Top of Page

bigroc19

140 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2018 :  11:27:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Soph that Woodstock lost to..is a Vanderbilt Comitt**enough said
Go to Top of Page

bama21

208 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2018 :  12:06:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will second that. Good luck to all that are left, you played your butts off to get there and well deserved.
Go to Top of Page

Punishers

600 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2018 :  13:12:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bigroc19

The Soph that Woodstock lost to..is a Vanderbilt Comitt**enough said



Being a Vandy Comitt suppose to mean something? They can get hit just like the rest of them. There are a lot of Vandy Comitts who are out of the HS playoffs. Unless you are saying Vandy is the end-all to college baseball?
Go to Top of Page

bama21

208 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2018 :  13:20:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Two other Vandy commits lost in the playoffs and they both are projected to go somewhere in the first round in the MLB draft. Being committed to a top school doesn't guarantee a win.
Go to Top of Page

Hurricane22

59 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2018 :  15:06:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A lot of talent in the Final 4 no matter the team. Congrats to Parkview and all the teams. I'm a Woodstock backer and very proud of the season they had. Their program will be great for a long time to come under their coaches.

I wasn't there but does anyone know if #8 Spencer Keefe played? I know he was out with injury most of the playoffs and he was maybe their biggest bat in the lineup....and a UGA commit. Also 16-yr old Brennan Milone, SS, is a S. Carolina commit. Lots of talent in all the Final 4 programs, why they are there.

I really don't care for the Gwin/Cobb thing. Good talent is everywhere.

Edited by - Hurricane22 on 05/18/2018 15:38:19
Go to Top of Page

SuperStar

234 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2018 :  20:01:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hurricane22

A lot of talent in the Final 4 no matter the team. Congrats to Parkview and all the teams. I'm a Woodstock backer and very proud of the season they had. Their program will be great for a long time to come under their coaches.

I wasn't there but does anyone know if #8 Spencer Keefe played? I know he was out with injury most of the playoffs and he was maybe their biggest bat in the lineup....and a UGA commit. Also 16-yr old Brennan Milone, SS, is a S. Carolina commit. Lots of talent in all the Final 4 programs, why they are there.

I really don't care for the Gwin/Cobb thing. Good talent is everywhere.



Spencer's last game was against Lassiter in the last regional series. He would have definitely helped the lineup in the playoffs. So he missed 1 game in the regular season and 9 playoff games.

Edited by - SuperStar on 05/18/2018 21:58:53
Go to Top of Page

bigroc19

140 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2018 :  22:41:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@ punisher..if you don't now being a Vandy commit u are definite on the wrong site..just FYI..might means he's dam good..r just a gamer..enough said..lol
Go to Top of Page

Hurricane22

59 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2018 :  22:21:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SuperStar

quote:
Originally posted by Hurricane22

A lot of talent in the Final 4 no matter the team. Congrats to Parkview and all the teams. I'm a Woodstock backer and very proud of the season they had. Their program will be great for a long time to come under their coaches.

I wasn't there but does anyone know if #8 Spencer Keefe played? I know he was out with injury most of the playoffs and he was maybe their biggest bat in the lineup....and a UGA commit. Also 16-yr old Brennan Milone, SS, is a S. Carolina commit. Lots of talent in all the Final 4 programs, why they are there.

I really don't care for the Gwin/Cobb thing. Good talent is everywhere.



Spencer's last game was against Lassiter in the last regional series. He would have definitely helped the lineup in the playoffs. So he missed 1 game in the regular season and 9 playoff games.



Man, that's too bad. I enjoyed watching him this season. He can stroke it.
Go to Top of Page

bama21

208 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2018 :  06:44:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats to the teams that have already won state:

6A-Pope
5A-Loganville
4A-Jefferson

7A and 3A to finish today.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-18 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000