Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 NWBA Forums
 General Discussion
 Does the HS make you fundraise b4 u make the team?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

SuperStar

257 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2018 :  18:53:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's not what I was told. The school told me that if my son plays with them, they would take us to Ruth/Chris Steakhouse once a month and we could have unlimited refreshments at the concession stand during games. Hehehehehehe
Go to Top of Page

CaCO3Girl

1989 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2018 :  07:38:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SuperStar

That's not what I was told. The school told me that if my son plays with them, they would take us to Ruth/Chris Steakhouse once a month and we could have unlimited refreshments at the concession stand during games. Hehehehehehe

It appears I missed a meeting.
Go to Top of Page

HRBB

3 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2018 :  11:31:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No Bling and out of pocket $1500. Budget was originally $1250 at the initial booster club meeting plus $1500 fundraising. I guess if you couldn't fundraise you only had to pay an extra $250. Outrageous amount for what little baseball was played with a roster size of 20+. Only thing my son got to keep was the hat. I asked around about other teams and it was approximately double what most paid for a two month JV season.
Go to Top of Page

GoTryb

25 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2018 :  13:58:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Same in North Fulton - fundraising is required before tryouts. In our two years, we have seen kids do all the fundraising, but, not make the team. Coach chose the best players. We have a golf tournament (same funding to be raise as previously mentioned) in October/November, plus selling an online app which gives the purchaser cash back on related purchases that could help families recoup some money towards their fees.

We pay $1250/player - $750 "donation" to the school's athletic association (under a baseball-themed club name) that covers baseball-related expenses and $500 for player packs. No additional fundraising. Our kids keep the player packs (athletic shirts, shorts, sweatshirts) and their game hat. No uniforms, bags, jackets, etc.

Where I grew up and played (VA), we had one set of uniforms that were passed down year-to-year. We kept our hats and did get a team t-shirt and a pair of shorts to keep. To this day, parents do not pay to play.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000